What do you want from Santa? And if it was some measure of influence in social media, what could that look like?
Here is a simple example of how an organization can use social media to its advantage. Let’s assume there is one central control centre, with a guy in a red suit at the Head Office called HO, and franchise stores full of elves all across the country.
1. HO tweets about a new product launch Â – wouldn’t it be great if HO could send that Tweet to the franchise stores, and have them retweet it in their local community and to their followers?
2. HO sees a post in social media that is inaccurate or damaging – wouldn’t it be great if HO could see it instantly and then respond to it appropriately in real time?
3. HO wants to find out what different groups are saying about the brand – wouldn’t it be great if there was listening to sentiment by language, age group, and over time to see what the trend is?
4. HO wants to create a message, and distribute it – wouldn’t it be great if that message can be put in a queue, and then distributed to various social media channels?
5. HO wants to see what people are saying about the product and service – wouldn’t it be great to have a Visualizer that shows issues around keywords and hash tags, indicating the number of people involved and the sentiment of those posts/tweets?